Monday, January 14, 2013

Lower East Side Gastronomic Adventure!

I LOVE my neighborhood.  It is hands down, the coolest neighborhood in New York City these days.  It's where all the new and hip restaurants, bars, music venues, shops and galleries are these days.  And before it gets ruined by being over gentrified (which is happening very soon), I need to know it like the back of my hand!

I moved to the Lower East Side in Manhattan 6 months ago and I'm already in a rut.  And for no particular reason except that I got lazy on trying new places and I love my new haunts.  I swore I wouldn't do that again when I moved here and it's time to get on it.  One of my New Year's Resolutions was to get to know my neighborhood like the back of my hand.  So I went through and picked out restaurants that had a Yelp rating of 4 or more and started a list... a loooong list.  I have one year to visit 50 60 + places (and it will probably be more given there's a few places about to open up any day now).

I am hoping that my friends will want to join me this little LES (or Lower East Side for you non-New Yorkers) exploration, otherwise that's a lot of meals alone.  I know my staff will definitely be lunching with me, as we tend to do now and then.

This list is broken down by meal type.  I went through the menus to see if having lunch or brunch was a better deal (it usually is) but that there were still enough menu options to make it an interesting meal.  So I hope you'll follow me on my gastronomic adventure through the LES.  Feel free to click on the links and check out the restaurants for yourself.  Let me know if you have any recommendations.  I'll cross out the places as I go to them!

Coffee, Tea & Breakfast

Brunch
Blue Ribbon Sushi Izakaya
Cafe Katja
Fatta Cuckoo
Family Recipe
Lobster Joint
Taverna Di Bacco
Freeman's Restaurant
Saro Bistro
Stanton Social
Tre
Zucco Le French Diner

Lunch
Banh Mi Saigon
Cheeky Sandwiches
Empanada Mama
Falai Panetteria
The Falafel Shop
Gaia Cafe
Landbrot Bakery & Bar
Links
Little Muenster
Los Perros Locos
MasalaWala
Mexicue
Panade Puffs and Pastries
Pause Cafe
Taqueria Lower East Side
Zest
Zoe Restaurant

Dinner

Dessert









No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs